J.B. Sharp Memorial Regatta Series
The J.B. Sharp regatta series is conducted during the winter months and although originally only open to the "bay clubs" from within Iron Cove, is now open to all clubs (schools may compete but are not eligible to score series points). It retains its original objective of measuring the all round rowing strength of the clubs - no premium is placed on senior rowing nor on the comparative numerical strength of each club.
THE 2O21 REGATTA SERIES IS PROUDLY SPONSORED BY BMG AVIATION a Gallagher company.
SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR COVID 19 AT THE 2021 SERIES REGATTAS
GO TO THIS LINK FOR THE PROGRAM AND RULES FOR 2021. IN SUMMARY THE CURRENT HEALTH REGULATIONS REQUIRE:
- Entries are required to be submitted through Rowing Manager this year to allow for better tracking / tracing of competitors
- In addition to the above, participants, spectators and volunteers will be asked to provide their details via an online, or an offline, form, with records kept pursuant to the health orders;
- We will attempt to livestream the finish line to deter competitors and spectators from congregating to watch the event;
- Barry Moyanahan as commentator will have a script of messages to repeat regarding physical distancing, importance of washing boats, washing hands, completing our contact tracing forms and registration;
- BRO's to be provided with gloves and masks (subject to stock - I am struggling here), and a briefing to be held before the regatta to reinforce the physical distancing guidelines.
- A COVID plan will be required from each club prior to the regatta;
- Host Clubs will be required to provide a COVID volunteer to manage hygiene / cleaning / registration of competitors;
- Host Clubs will be required to provide marshals to ensure competitors / participants are adhering to physical distancing;
- Markers to be taped to the floor near regatta secretary / Judge / finish line to reduce crowding;
- NSW Health signage to be provided in the changerooms and hand santisation stations will be provided at the finish line, and near to the pontoon / staging area.
J. B. SHARP MEMORIAL REGATTA SERIES COMMITTEE INC. ABN 29 160 083 722