Youth Development Scholarships
The Union awards scholarships to young rowers who display potential & are in financial need of assistance to achieve their goals in the sport. The NSW Union of Rowers has awarded 122 scholarships since 1992 to assist young rowers in developing their careers in the sport, with a number of recipients going on to represent NSW and Australia.
Applications close MONDAY 9 MAY 2016 and must be made with regard to the following criteria.
NOTES & CRITERIA REGARDING THE AWARDS....
- Any young rower aged 13 ot 20 years at 31 December this year, and registered with Rowing NSW is eligible to apply.
- IF THE APPLICATION IS COMPLETED BY HAND PLEASE PRINT.
- A minimum of FOUR AWARDS will be presented this year with a least one from each gender.
- The closing date for applications is Friday, 5th May 2017 at 5.00pm.
- Applications may be sent by mail to the Hon. Secretary, NSW Union of Rowers Inc. P.O. Box 208 Five Dock 2046 or by email to email@example.com If emailing your application pease send the signed original application form by mail. Email applications may be completed using the Microsoft Excel layout. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO ROWING NSW.
- The Awards are for a minum of ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS each and shall be used in the incoming season for regatta expenses; training expenses or towards the purchase of equipment.
- The Awards are presented at a venue to be advised.
- The Awards will be determined by the Executive of the Union of Rowers following a report from their Evaluation Committee.
- Each recipient shall submit a writen report on how the award was used and any benefits of receiving the award. IT IS A REQUIREMENT THAT RECIPIENTS CONTINUE ROWING COMPETITIVELY DURING THE NEXT SEASON.
- Consideration will be given not only to performance but also to the funding needs of the young rowers applying, and in some circumstances an increase in the value of the award may be forthcoming. Country based athletes are urged to apply. Rowers with a disability or from disadvantaged communities are also encouraged to apply.
- Emphasis will be placed on developing rowers.
- Applicants must have rrowed for a period exceeding 6 months.
- Rowers who have previously been awarded a Union of Rowers Scholarship are not eligible to appli again.
- All applicants can be rest assured that all details in the applications will be kept confidential.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE LODGED ON THESE FORMS AND BE DULY ENDORSED BY YOUR CLUB PRESIDENT, CLUB CAPTAIN OR SCHOOL ROWING MASTER.