Our motto is "FROM THE PAST, FOR THE FUTURE"
Our mission is to:
- To perpetuate the highest traditions of sportsmanship within the rowing community through the continuing association and reunion of rowers.
- To foster, improve and perpetuate the sport of rowing and sculling.
- To promote the ideals of rowing and sculling through an active interest in the affairs of Rowing New South Wales and its affiliates.
- To encourage Junior Rowing Development through the establishment of appropriate award schemes/programs.
- To recognize and record significant achievements of individuals and organisations.
- To assist Rowing New South Wales in the staging of regattas and other events.
2019 AUSTRALIAN ROWING CHAMPIONSHIPS FULL RESULTS BY EVENT
2019 UNION OF ROWERS YOUTH SCHOLARSHIPS - CALL FOR APPLICATIONS.
Any young Rower or Coxswain aged from 14 to 19 years at 31st December this year is eligible to apply, provided that they are currently registered as a Competing Member of Rowing NSW. For Para athletes only, the upper age is set at 22 years.
At least 5 awards will be presented this year. The Awards will be a minimum of $1000.00 each and must be used in the upcoming season for regatta expenses, training expenses or toward the purchase of rowing equipment.
Emphasis will be placed on developing rowers - para and able bodied alike, who have rowed for a minimum of twelve months. Please note that assessment includes a performance component that is weighted towards successful performance at the major regattas during the past season.
Consideration will be given not only to performance, but to the funding needs of the applicant. Country based athletes, Para rowers, coxswains and those from disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.
The Awards will be presented on May 17th at the RNSW Awards Dinner, held at St George Rowing Club
Applicants who have previously been awarded a Union of Rowers Award are not eligible to reapply.
Applications may be sent by mail to Honorary Secretary, NSW Union of Rowers Inc. P O Box 208, Five Dock, NSW 2046, or by Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a signed, original application form sent by mail. Email applications may be submitted in Microsoft Excel format. If the application is completed by hand, please print.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO ROWING NSW.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS Friday, 26th APRIL.
All awards are determined exclusively by the Executive of the Union of Rowers following a report from their Evaluation Committee. There is no appeal process to this determination.
Applicants are assured that all details in their application will be kept confidential.
All applications must be lodged on this form by the closing date, signed by the Applicant and endorsed by either their Club President, Club Captain or School Rowing Master.LATEST NEWS:
Latest Newsletter - APRIL 2019 - CENTENARY OF THE KINGS CUP
2008 Kings Cup Presentation Sydney International Regatta Centre